dinsdag 10 maart 2015


My cousin is in Pretoria – World Music Box Project


 My cousin is in Pretoria
What a big coincidence!  I am on Exchange in South Africa and exactly now my cousin Ron also came to Pretoria and Atteridgeville for two weeks.  He is studying at ArtEz Conservatorium in Zwolle and he had a mission in Africa as a part of his study. He is together with  six other students and joined to the World Music Box for a two weeks project in South Africa. 

The World Music Box Organization was established in 2003 to carry out special projects in South Africa, in Chile, in Colombia en in Curacao.

 Workshop with children
The main goal of this project was to visit schools in the Townships and give music workshops to children. You do not need experience and you do not need any explanation. This workshop is just to show how much enjoyable the music is. The basic idea is that you can use a wooden box in 1001 way as a music instrument.

Ron had a great time in South Africa and he really enjoyed to give these workshops. It is an unique life experience of his musicale carrier. But he was so busy that he should come back once more to explore the wild life of Africa.  It was pity that I did not have any opportunity to visit him over there. I found his project very interesting therefore I posted it on my blog.


 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. There should be more projects like this!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dear Dionne, It is a very interesting project! Congratulation to Ron!
    Love from your Grandfather

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen